Saturday, March 6, 2010

Having Fun with Meadow's Drink


Meadow Linn of Savor the Day had a contest to name a rum and lemon inspired drink. It was too hard to choose that one special name but we had fun trying out several different ones. Here's what we came up with.

The name of the community we live in is Bear Creek, so named after Bear Island just across the waterway. If you are not from the beach check out my post about Queen's Creek to see what creeks are like here. You'll see that after you've been out paddling through the creeks and waterways you might want a "Bear Creek Buzz" when you get home. We don't recommend drinking on the water but if you do be responsible and take along a designated paddler.


For those times you have friends over for a pig picking or oyster roast you might want to serve some "Lemon Drop Tea". You know how we love our tea here in the south.


After a long day of dusty trail riding ....


...you're surely going to want a glass of thirst quenching "Rummy Yummy" waiting.


When you are having a picnic under clear blue skies or just laying on the grass watching the clouds float by you might want to have a "Meadow Soleil" by your side. This name is in honor of the drink's creator, Meadow, and maybe a little because we live on Meadow Creek.

(Oops I didn't get to this one while I still had some sunshine but you get the idea.)

When you find yourself on a deserted island you may want to add more spices and then you'll have a "Jamaican Spice" or if you are basking in the sun on one of NC's fantastic beaches add some lime and enjoy a "Caribbean Tart". I'm partial to the latter, but that might be because our last name is Tart.


And lastly, while chilling with friends on the back deck, with my husband picking and singing a few Buffet tunes, throw in a lot of different fruit and relax with a "Parrot Island Fruit Juice".


Now I know bloggers love recipes and I've wanted to have some here or over at KAP but there's one problem - me and cooking, not so much. For Meadow it is a passion so head on over to Savor the Day to get the recipe for this drink (don't forget to dance) along with lots more fun and food. I may have recipes coming here soon by a guest blogger, so stay tuned. I've been talking about this with my friend Pam who also has a passion for cooking. Maybe we Pam can bring some wonderful seafood dishes your way.

BTW, this drink is really good and Meadow we had so much fun with it!

The End

9 comments:

  1. Nice. Makes me yearn even more for summer. Pictures are great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun post! Come on summer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh! this is sooo funny. You two took this little challenge very serious! I love the little pony shot and I have the exact same glass for the Caribbean Tart. Love that name by the way.
    Peace~
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maria,
    This is so so so fabulous! I LOVE it!! I luuuuuv it!!! Happy sipping!

    Thank you!!
    Meadow

    ReplyDelete
  5. sounds so delish!! love the rummy yummy name

    ReplyDelete
  6. Priceless pics on the burro! Really cute, made me smile ~ thanks for the kind comments on my blog about Bandit today.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great pics of all the drinks, and all staged very beautifully I might add! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Maria! Sorry it's taken me so long to visit you over here in your new space! What is lemon drop tea? I would like the recipe to that! I love this post, so much fun!


    All is well, the little guy is coming along. Moving here and there and all about! We just switched from an OB to a midwife (pretty late in the game, but seemed like the right thing and we are glad we did!). The baby is expected to come during the first week of May. I will keep you posted!

    Thanks for your kind thoughts and wishes:)

    ReplyDelete