Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Commute

I have a very stressful commute to and from work each day. I have to cross four bridges over three different bodies of water and parallel the Intracoastal Waterway for half the trip. After this I arrive at my office on one of NC's outer islands where sometimes I'm subjected to the sound of the surf if the weather permits the door to be left open. Most of the sunset pictures I have posted on KAP have been from one of these bridges on my journey home. The bridge pictured above is the largest, it spans the Intracoastal of which I cross to get on the island.

And this is what I see from the top of this bridge. Back and forth I go throughout the day, water and salt air all around me. It is tough working conditions but someone has to do it.

3 comments:

  1. I am SOOOO jealous. Beautiful! I get to commute around the Raleigh beltline.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love that first photo. The way the clouds are reflected on the pond is deceiving to the eye. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep. I'm purty jealous too. So you work on one of the NC barrier islands? We used to vacation on the Outer Banks every summer when I was a kid. Loved it out there. The last time I was there, about 10 years ago, it seems like it's so much more commercialized than it used to be... made me sad. But it's still beautiful. :)

    ReplyDelete